The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lights of Las Vegas

Last week was spent in the crazy environment of Las Vegas. This trip was my second ever to Las Vegas, and my opinion stands the same. There is only so much you can handle of Vegas.

I say that it is a crazy environment because of the extreme surroundings. Surrounding the lights and sights of the strip you have the most beautiful majestic mountains. We took one morning trip to Red Rock Canyon. I can say that seeing this made the trip. The most beautiful rocks and the most serene surroundings were seen. It's amazing how used to polluted smokey air you can get until you are placed in the middle of such pure air.

Even though I enjoy to gamble (in small amounts-- $40 is all I lost) a girl can only take so much. I do have to say that being raised in the South has made me a bit more modest than others, and admit that the open nudity of marketing shocks me still. I don't care how many times that 'Hot Babes to you in 24 hours' van goes by, I still feel a little exposed with all my clothes on.

The trip was complete with a trip to the Hoover Dam. Amazing what man can do, don't ya think? My personal favorite tidbit of information: The Hoover Dam is made of enough concrete to make a four foot wide sidewalk that would wrap around the equator. Now that's a lot of concrete!

The free shows on the strip are always my favorite! The Bellagio fountains will always be the best in my book though!

All in all, a great time! I have to say though, a week in Vegas is probably the equivalent to a month somewhere else!

No comments: