The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, March 24, 2008

the last supper

This weekend marked the festive holiday of Easter. You know, that religious holiday where bunnies suddenly lay eggs of chocolate in celebration of the resurrection of Christ. I've grown up getting excited about what I will I find in my Easter basket, wondering how a bunny could ever possibly hop into my room and leave that basket of sugary goodness beside my bed. Since then, I still enjoy when the Cadbury Creme Eggs come out to play, but my wonderment has changed from how that bunny hops in to how that bunny has ANYTHING to do with Easter? but that's not really my point...

We've all seen (probably not the original) the painting of "The Last Supper" by Di Vinci, or at least heard about it. Last week I was able to see a re-enactment of it-- a "Living Last Supper". Actors sat at the table frozen in place like the painting. One at a time, the characters came to life reflecting their thoughts and life. It was so interesting to see. A great way to learn about the different persons who were able to sit at the table with Jesus. After seeing this, I got to thinking about all the different ways this famous meal has been portrayed, and then I remembered a picture taken last summer. One hot evening, 13 friends got together and took a picture-- Last Supper style. Thought I would share.... in this photo, I played Andrew (third from the left).


No comments: