The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

nothing to show for any of it

This morning I was able to participate in this learning experience offered on campus. As a student, faculty, or staff you can sign up for sessions to learn different tools in technology. It's offered through the Learning Enhancement Center on campus. They are fabulous and I love them. I'm a dork, I know. They offer courses from Photoshop to Powerpoint to SPSS (a not so fun, but powerful research tool). And the best part-- they are FREE! (and my boss encourages us to go to them)

So I sign up for these classes to learn more and expand my excellence (the classes are called Expanding Excellence). Well this morning I attended a class and LOVED it! (again- I'm a dork- I know). In my excitement of the project I created, I emailed it to my boss. You can imagine my excitement!

The subject line went along the lines of, "Look at what I learned!!" I attached the project which happened to be a quicktime movie. The text body talked for a line or two telling how great this program is and so on. After sending the email I return back to my office for work.

I get back to the office and check my email. I have a response from boss about my project! Yay! I just know he is going to be equally excited about my ever growing knowledge. Ha! Wishful thinking! I open the reply email to read:

"Nothing came up! Glad to know you learned nothing!"

Are you kidding me?! This can only happen to me! I'm tempted to take my boss across campus to the computer I was working on earlier to show him I did in fact attend the session and learn something. Oh well... Better luck next time I suppose... I really did learn a lot... obviously I missed the "How to Save PROPERLY" section. Oops!


2 comments:

Samantha said...

oh how priceless! i can go look if you'd like?! :)

John Wesley Leek said...

You really should! (save)

Thanks for the link by the way.