The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, March 10, 2008

welcome to the REAL WORLD

No, I did not make it to the finals of The Real World application process. No, I did not apply. I am talking about the actual "real world". This thing that happens, or is supposed to happen, after college.

This year marks my OFFICIAL first year in the "real world". So far, there's not much to complain about. I really like it. No homework. No classes. No papers. No book fees. What could be bad about this? Well, this week answers that question-- NO SPRING BREAK!!!

This wouldn't be so bad, if I worked maybe in a bank or somewhere, anywhere other than where I do. BUT I work on a college campus, and the fact that this week is Spring Break is evident everywhere you turn. Campus is so quiet right now. The bulk of students were ready to split from campus last Thursday and most did. That periodic bump from above is oddly missed. Knowing its Spring Break, I think back to last year's. A Road Trip through the Southeast with Tabitha. By now we were half way through Georgia, with anticipation of visiting Savannah.

Here's a picture from last year to reminisce-- taken outside the capitol building in SC.

Although I do not get a Spring Break, I feel as though I've already had one. This weekend was crazy busy. On Saturday I attended a soccer game. The team I was watching won! yay! Go Strikers! I then headed over to JCJC to see the one and only Mr. President Bill Clinton! I'll tell more about that when I get pictures. Sunday I attended a cookout at Kamper Park. I spent the entire day outside. Thankfully the weather was BEAUTIFUL! Today though I am slightly sunburned in a not-so-even coverage sort of way. Oh well... what you can do?

No comments: