The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

BINGO!

Yes, I said Bingo! No, I' m not referring to a dog of any sort either.

A new bingo facility has opened in Hattiesburg, and last night "the guy" and I decided to inspect. I've never played bingo outside of grammar school, so I didn't know exactly what to expect. I was actually expecting to be one of two under the age of 60 (the guy being two). Boy was I wrong. Quite a crowd for Tuesday night bingo. About 120 or so.

Big shocks for the night:
1- the crowd (already shared)
2- the money
both the amount you have to spend to play (around $30ish a person, if you play smart) and the payout! Grand prize of $1,199.99!!! Why an odd number like that? Once you win $1,200 you have to report it on taxes.
3- the amount of games
There were 42 games in all. We didn't play them all, but they all pay out.
4-the technology
You can pay a little extra and play on a computer. Which means, you can just type your bingo card numbers in and watch the computer fill you card up as the game goes. All you have to do is yell Bingo! when the time is right. We opted for the old fashion way.
5-the fact that I WON!
Don't get too excited I did not win the jackpot, sigh.

Here's a recount of the win:
Mid-way through a game, I was looking at my cards and got excited because I was one away from winning. I excitedly pointed at my card showing "the guy". He looks over asking, "What do you lack?" In my mind I'm crossing my fingers that my number will be called before someone else calls out Bingo! as I tell him B13. I notice he has this strange look on his face, then he replies "That's the wild, you should already have that marked!" I thought, "Crap!" but yelled, "BINGO!" with a big smile!
Pay out of $50... yes ma'am big winner over here :) All in all with the win we broke even :)

Did I have fun? You bet!
Will we return? of course! I feel a jackpot win coming on!

2 comments:

Wade's World said...

Sounds like my kind of gambling!!!

I'm so over those stupid slot machines :)

odomfamilyfun said...

Staci,
Hey. I have been reading your blog (found via Samantha's blog) & this made me smile. Troy (my husband) & I had our 2nd date at the Bingo Hall in Hattiesburg. We decided it would be an 'adventure' to see what it was like & we had a blast. I was a fresh. in college & much to my delight we loved it. We NEVER won---so good for you---but I went back sevearl times with my Tri Delta sisters. It was good fun with lots to laugh at & about.
Looks like you are doing well.
Brittany
(Mrs. Gore or Mrs. Odom--can't remember which you may remember me as---if you even do)