The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Questioning my Gift Giving Abilities....

The guy and I have been together for at least two or three holidays now. The holidays that 'require' giving gifts are starting to worry me though...

I've always thought I've been able to pick out a thoughtful gift for another, but lately I have been proven wrong. Let me explain...

For Christmas I was so surprised to receive a beautiful necklace as a gift. 

I gave a planner and receipt catcher. 

For Valentine's Day I received more jewerly with my birthstone and crystal roses. 

I gave a blanket and card. 

hmm.... Do we see a pattern?

My sister laughs at the extreme difference of the gifts. I just feel embarrassed slightly. Well I think I have it though today. Why? Today is his birthday! I will be able to give a gift and not look silly because I will not be receiving one in return! Ha! Victory by default! 

(Question- is it really a competition though?) No...

What is the gift? Can't tell. He hasn't even gotten it yet! I'll give a hint though... Two words: Green and Deen... Can you guess??


***Update on Granny*** She talked to the doctor and they have the results.... Well, sort of. They ran the tests at the far off place that takes sooo long to process, and the results came back negative. SO, the far off place ran the tests AGAIN (ya know to double check... make sure it's not a false negative), and the results came back positive. What does this mean?? Back to square one... She will go in and have another biopsy done and start over. The dermatologist believes something is going on inside her, but that remains to be answered. So here we go again....

1 comment:

Wade's World said...

Gift giving early in a relationship can be really hard.
It gets so much easier when you get married and the money comes out of the same checking account, so you don't really even both with gifts anymore ;)

Good luck!