The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, January 31, 2008

an exciting weekend ahead... or is it a month?

I got an email two weeks back from my sweet friend, Jessica, telling about her work and all. She is a traveling consultant and is always in a different state with an amazingly funny story to tell. On two separate occasions she has asked me to meet her in one of her random cities to play and see the sights. On both separate occasions I have not been able to. Well in this email she was asking again, this time in Washington D.C. I've been saving my money for another trip that just fell through, so I decided to look at ticket prices. Not too bad. After about 30 minutes of debating and lunch, I had a ticket. I can not tell you how excited I am. I leave tomorrow! :)

Since I leave tomorrow, my boss was asking about the weather and all. (He's excited about me going too... and not because he won't have to work with me for a day!) Well just so happens Northwest Airlines sends this nice little email that includes the weather forecast for your destination. So I pull it up and start talking about that when out of the corner of my eye I see the return day of Monday. That's wrong, I think to myself, I booked my return for Sunday, February 3. But wait this is saying Monday is the third. Something is amiss with this email. So calmly I ask, "What day is the third? It's Sunday right?" My boss kinda looks at me with a little question while nodding yes. I look a little closer at the words quite plainly on my screen and in horror I see the problem.

"Return: Monday, March 3"

MARCH 3! Are you kidding me?! This is what I yell at my computer as I almost jump out of my chair! A whole month off! Are you kidding me?! I have booked a return flight for a month later not a weekend later! This simply is not going to work.

I embarrassingly look up from my computer and say, "I booked my return flight for March not February." I hear a chuckle and instructions to call and get it fixed from my boss. I run to my office and patiently wait for the customer service man to help me. I do have to say Northwest Airlines has very good customer service and another bonus the change of flights didn't cost that much. So with a huge sigh of relief I can say that I will be back in the office on Monday, February 4, not Tuesday, March 4. Pretty sure my checkbook is relieved too.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

i smiled really big when i read this... i'm so glad you were able to get it fixed!

Samantha said...

ps. i started one of these things... am i crazy? lol.