The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

E is for Emptiness

Saturday afternoon I inserted the key into the door and turned, opening the door. An opening "Helllloooo" seemed to sing out of my mouth as I stepped through the door. Quickly a reply was heard and introductions were in order. "Mom, this is my new roommate. New roommate, this is my mom." I have found a new place to call home!!

We ventured to the front of the house and stared with excitement at the pure emptiness that made up my new bedroom and spare room. It has now become my task to fill this empty space with me and my stuff. It's official I'm moving! It's so official that I have to be out on my "Blast from the Past" apartment by Nov 1. That's Saturday folks! Eeeekkkk! I better get moving... literally!

I feel confident in my planning of what to move and when to move it. I have made a ridiculous goal to get things moved without using boxes. How is this done?? Umm... lots of small loads using luggage. I pack my books in luggage. Take it to the house. Unpack my books. Take my luggage back to the apartment to load up pots and pans. We'll see if there is any method to this madness or if it is just pure madness.

Thankfully the mom and the guy were able to help this past weekend and all big furniture has been moved except the kitchen table, which will move later. A huge MUCHOS GRACIAS goes out to these two. Amazingly enough I do believe all my stuff is going to fit. The guy even offered to measure everything to draw to scale on paper my furniture to work out all the possibilities of arrangements. Too sweet, but we didn't have to. I'm pretty much the type that gets something in my head and makes it work. I wouldn't call this inflexibility, just determined.

Everyday after work I made a trip or two to the new house with more stuff. Slowly it is starting to look like someone lives my room or at least someone is trying to. As I carry more and more of my belonging to the new place, I notice my little time capsule of an apartment is becoming bare. As one place fills the other empties. I think that's a shaky definition of moving. It will be a sad moment, but I'm looking forward to it, when I can look at the pure emptiness of what used to be my place of residency. With a little luck and a lot of hard work, I'll be able to look on that emptiness sooner than later.

Wish me luck!

No comments: