The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

i heart the office... in reality and on tv



In celebration of a new episode to FINALLY grace the airways, I will share my love of "The Office". Well not only my love, but definitely the love of the two others in my office space. Not everyone is a fan in the entire office. BUT I am convinced if they watched, they too would be hooked as I am.

In recent weeks the guy who sits next me and I have started to play innocent office pranks on one another. Nothing big really. For instance, occasionally while talking to him I will slyly push the lever up on his chair with my foot causing him to suddenly drop a bit. No matter how many times I do this, he is always caught off guard which makes it so much more enjoyable for me. I've created a small wall between our adjoining desk with popsicle sticks. I've received text messages warning me about my coffee from "the Future Staci" (him). The latest is pretty good I have to say so my self.

This past weekend I had to come to the office for a little bit to help with something. Since it is rare to be in the office outside of office time AND him not be there also, I decided this was the perfect time to strike. I hid his chair and built a much smaller chair out of tinkertoys. Yes, we have tinkertoys in the office. What office is complete without a barrel of them? I wrote a note attached to the chair talking of downsizing and everything. I think he thoroughly enjoyed the joke. Here's a photo of the finished product.

I'm anxious see his next move... I'm sure it will be good.

1 comment:

John Wesley Leek said...

Great!!! I'd love to work in such an office.