The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

full circle

The phone rings. I answer with a chipper, "Yes, do you have a request for a song? I can quickly call up and put your it in to be played next." If you're wondering, no I do not work at a radio station of any type. I work in an office that just so happens to be located in a residence hall. Not just any residence hall, mind you, a FRESHMEN MALE residence hall. My co-worker, who is at the other end and next door, giggles and asks something else. She knows the exact reason for my comments. I have come to believe that directly above my office is the making of a small band, complete with bass guitar and drums. And when the musicians are out, the DJs of the group take over the entertainment. This is not the first time this has happened and definitely won't be the last. I say a quick apology to my co-workers for the noise.

Why apology for someone else's noise?

Well I have reason to believe the noise is only making a full circle back to me. I'll explain... My sophomore year my roommate and I thought we were somewhat of 'professional cloggers' and we really enjoyed showing off our skills. Meaning-- we liked to put on our wooden shoes (yes, they were once in style, I promise) and dance around the tiles floors outside our fourth floor room. After a minute or two of racket we would run into our rooms, throw the shoes in the closet and jump on the bed to act like we're watching tv. Within minutes the residents from below would rush upstairs with a look of panic on their faces. "Oh my gosh what's going on? Is everything okay? We heard a lot of noise!", they would exclaim. My roommate and I would look at them questioningly and assure them they did not hear anything. Confused they would return to their floor. A few minutes later we would be back in the hall dancing with our musical shoes to start the whole charade again.

So now it is apparent, I am being taught a lesson: Remember to be courteous of other's ears or yours will hurt later.

No comments: