The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

the skinny on the skinny...

Just as the second month of the year has started, I have noticed the push of 'skinny'. Right when some of those new year resolutions to shed a few pounds might begin to falter, you can now purchase merchandise with skinny in the name in order to remind yourself of your goals. My personal opinions:

The Skinny Jean: Enough time has passed since skinny jeans were in for them to be the hot new item again. After some thinking about purchasing a pair, I decided I like them and want them. I had some reservations though. I mean, can someone with 'not-so-skinny' legs pull off skinny jeans? We will have to see about that one. I have officially purchased my first pair and love them! (by the by... the picture featured here is NOT me... I know some of might have mistaken the legs for mine, but no)

Two giant thumbs up from me! smile


Now some might wonder how am I going to fit into these skinny jeans, Starbucks has come up with a solution for the coffee lovers. (Actually they've always had it, just now showing it off). The skinny latte. It's nothing new really just a latte with skim milk and sugar-free syrups. My personal suggestion is the skinny hazelnut and caramel latte! Excellent combination! According to the 'Nutrition by the cup' guide I keep at my desk you can but 50 calories by just switching from 2% to nonfat milk in a tall latte. Not bad, and not that big of a difference in taste. Another 2 thumbs way up!

No comments: