The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, February 23, 2008

I think pigs just flew...

This afternoon I was blessed by a visit from my dad. He was in town for the afternoon and called to meet me for lunch. Yay! While we were waiting on a delicious meal of shrimp and oysters, my dad told me about not being able to get in touch with someone. I told him to just text them. Recently I received my first text message from my dad on Valentine's Day-- pretty much a big deal. He grinned and said, "You're right, I should. I didn't even think of that."

After a few minutes of typing a short message, I introduced the concept of predictive text. His mind was blown by the sheer genius of text messaging! He then tells me he would "rather text than talk to people. It's the easier thing to do."

Wait! What? Hold the press-- Pigs are officially flying!

I can not tell you how many arguments have occurred in the past over the phone bill with my amount of text messages being the topic of choice. I can distinctly remember being told that there was absolutely NO reason for it!

I was so shocked, I asked him to repeat himself. Crazy! It's true. He said it. My dad has crossed over into the light. Watch out for the growing number of older adults using the technology of today!

No comments: