The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, February 11, 2008

short recount

This weekend was great! Really it was. I usually just have so-so weekends, but I have to say I feel good about this past one. Why was it so good? you ask. Well, let's recount:

Friday I got off work after working another week with quite possibly the most wonderful people in the world (sorry if I don't work you, I'm sure you're great too), then went to a Valentine's Ball. Don't be confused I did participate in the ball as an attendee, but as a chaperone. My sister has already informed me that I should be doing what normal "Fresh Out of College People" do and not acting like an old fogie. She has it wrong though. I was NOT the youngest chaperone there and everyone was the same age for the most part aside from the fourth through sixth graders breaking it down on the dance floor. Even though my duties consisted of making sure no one got in a fight or danced too terribly close, I did happen to make it to the dance floor a few times. I'm glad to say that I have reached that time in my life where it doesn't matter all that much when kids make fun of me, which is a good thing because they were definitely laughing at my old school dance skills. Hopefully they enjoyed their night laughs and all.

After cleaning up after the dance I went to see the newly released "Fool's Gold". FABULOUS! Very entertaining with two thumbs up. Another two thumbs way up for the fact that Matthew McConaughey is shirtless for the majority of the movie. (I'm really not one of those kinds of girls that drools over guys with no shirts, but this is Matthew McConaughey, come on!) A must buy for when it comes out.

Recently I have been able to borrow a sewing machine. So I have decided to make some clothes for myself. I figured this is something that will take up my time since I don't have to study or do homework right now. I found a pattern for a jacket and dress. The package said simple (no, that's not the brand). I also found a pattern for some pants. Now I have to pick the fabric. Wish me luck! Hopefully I have undiscovered skills with the sewing machine and my project will not end up looking like this.

No comments: